16 W. Church St.
Bowling Green, MO 63334
Office: (573) 324-5451
Home: (314) 941-2277
Fax: (573) 324-2644
Must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age, a citizen of the United States and a resident of the City of Bowling Green at the time of and for at least one (1) year next preceding his or her election.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Presides over the Board of Alderman, has tie breaking vote only
- General supervision over the affairs of the City
- Signs appointments and commissions of City officers, elected or appointed.
- Prepares and makes announcements on behalf of the City
- Appoints City Attorney, City Treasurer and the Chief of Police with the consent of the Board of Aldermen.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Aldermen, which the Board may accept, reject, or modify at their discretion